Have Your Say

If you have a problem or an issue that you think the Town Council should know about, you can have your say in several ways.

  • You can contact a Town Councillor or the Town Clerk.
  • You can come to any of the Town Council meetings.
    Meetings are listed here.  All meetings of the Town Council and its committees are open to the public. Council meetings always make time for members of the public to speak (technically this is on each agenda as "Suspension of Standing Orders"). If there is any confidential business that has to be conducted in private session, members of the public and the Press have to leave: however, this normally happens at the end of the public session.

The Community Engagement Forum

You can also come to a Community Engagement Forum (CEF) meeting.  Community Engagement Forums are public meetings at which you can raise any concern or make any comment about your local area and your local services.

The CEF is organised by the District Council and brings them together with the Police, the Fire & Rescue Service, and various County Council departments. Forum meetings give you a chance to speak directly to the people who deliver your local services, for example policing, street cleaning and road safety. This is a chance for you to have your say about the issues that are important to you and the place where you live. 

Meetings are held in the Riley-Smith Hall.

You can also go to the CEF Partnership Board meetings.  These are business meetings rather than open forums, and are held in The Ark on Kirkgate.   They are also held on Monday evenings.

More details about the CEF are on the Selby District Council Website at http://www.selby.gov.uk/